BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering
awarded by Leeds Beckett University, UK (Reg. No.:252742(3))
- ACCREDITED BY Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is applicable, 2.5 years part-time degree for applicants who are qualified for direct entry to year 2
- Postgraduate Study - MSc Building Services Engineering can be articulated.
Introduction to the Course
The BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering is operated for both full-time and part-time course mode and suitable for students seeking to become engineering practitioners employed in the building services engineering and related disciplines i.e. design, mechanical and electrical estimating, services project management, low carbon buildings design, architectural engineering and controls engineering.
The course aims to provide a broad based educational experience, enabling successful students to enter careers in the building services engineering and allied sector. In the future students who have studied STEM* subject disciplines are going to be in great demand.
This programme is seen as a stepping stone for students who enjoy problem solving and would like to be involved in a diverse and interesting career and the opportunity to work on such projects as designing ‘clean room’ ventilation systems for the pharmaceutical industries, low energy lighting solutions for education establishments and intelligent building systems for international clients.
*STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Medium of Instruction
Each module is worth 20 credit points except Dissertation (double module, 40 credits). The whole course comprises 360 credits. Each 20 credit points module spans over a semester. There are three semesters per year:
Semester A : September to December
Semester B: January to April
Semester S: May to August
The entire course comprises 360 credit points. The following modules are offered:
|2||Building Services Science||20|
|3||Building Services Design Principles||20|
|4||Electrical and Electronic Principles||20|
|8||Electrical Services and Lighting Systems||20|
|9||Building Management Systems and Control Systems||20|
|10||Group Design Project||20|
|11||Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Systems||20|
|12||Construction Communications and Applications||20|
|13||Building Physics (Modelling & Analysis)||20|
|14||Intelligent Buildings Technologies||20|
|15||Facilities and Maintenance Management||20|
|16||Low Carbon Systems Design||20|
- Completion of a Higher Diploma / Higher Certificate / Associate Degree pitched at HKQF Level 4 in science, mathematics and engineering disciplines or equivalent;or
- Completion of BTEC National Diploma, Extended Diploma or BTEC Diploma or any International Diploma, International Advanced Level or equivalent; or
- HKDSE results meeting 120 UCAS new tariff points, including the “Compulsory Part” and the “Extended Part” of Mathematics totalling 40 UCAS new tariff points, and one science subject; or
- Mature applicants aged 21 or above with relevant work experience will be considered on case-by-case basis. Applicants will normally be interviewed. The interview will be conducted in English and applicants should pass the interview.
- AND English language proficiency requirement: HKDSE Level 4 ; or HKCEE Grade C ; or HKALE Grade E; or IELTS 6.0 with no skills below 5.5 or equivalent; or applicants whose first language is not English with post-secondary qualifications wholly taught and assessed in English will be considered and accepted.
Course Fee (2023/24)
|Year of Entry||Original Course Fee||Discounted Course fee||Discounted Amount|
|Year 1 entry
(3.5 year course)
(payable in 14 installments)
|with Future Engineer Sponsorhip
|Year 2 entry
(2.5 year course)
(payable in 10 installments)
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
Classes may be scheduled on weekdays evening, Saturdays, Sundays and / or public holidays.
AIBE reserves the right of cancelation of programme due to insufficient enrolment number or special circumstances and the right of granting an offer.
AIBE reserves the right to modify, discontinue or terminate the promotion reward at any time without prior notice. In the event of dispute, the decision of AIBE shall be final and conclusive. For more details, please refer to the Terms & Conditions.