12 hours - Building Information Modeling (BIM Advanced Workshop) [BIM-E12]
The Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology grows rapidly in Hong Kong and Mainland construction in the past decade. This growth was not only relied on the increasing human power or hardware, but mainly by using the latest software, which can assist in the construction process to maintain a high level of security and finish the project on time.
It is a process to generate and manage the building data and a three-dimensional (3-D), real-time and interactive building modeling software. It can enhance the productivity during the architecture, building design and construction processes. The generated BIM includes the geometry of building elements, spatial relationships, geographic information, quantities and properties.
BIM provides more comprehensive information for professional project teams (Architects, surveyors, civil engineer, structural engineer and building services engineers, etc.)
- To understand BIM Application, workflow and specification
- To understanding the coordinate system of Revit
- To transfer components between projects
- To manage views on all projects
- To understand Revit parameters and the corresponding application
- To study detailed Revit Family Creation and Control
- To work on Underground Utility
- To work on data extraction and Sheet Creation for export and plotting
- Teaching theoretically and practically, all taught in Chinese, supplement with English
- One person, one computer, learn the difficulties in simple ways
- Adopting integrated teaching mode: classroom teaching with software applications. Teach how to use 3-D, and enhance the three main spatial dimensions ( width, height and depth - X, Y and Z)
- For students completed BIM introductory course.
- For person equipped with BIM basic knowledge and with Autodesk REVIT operation experience.
Course Content and Schedule
|Topic 1||Building Model Management|
|Topic 2||Introduction on Revit Families|
|Topic 3||Revit Parameters Management Introduction|
|Topic 4||Revit Families Library Creation|
|Topic 5||Revit Coordinate System and Model Linking|
|Topic 6||Sharing Among Project Models|
|Topic 7||Advanced Project View Management|
|Topic 8||Working on Underground Utility|
|Topic 9||Advanced Tagging, Schedule and Sheet Control|
Class Size: Minimum 10
Course Fee: HKD $3,800
Assessment: Coursework and 70% attendance
- An official workshop completion certificate endorsed by AutoDesk will be issued by Autodesk Authorized Training Centre.
- 12 hrs CPD certificate will be issued by AIBE.