24 hours - Building Information Modeling (BIM Basic Training Course) [BIM-E24]
The Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology grows rapidly in Hong Kong and Mainland construction in the past decade. This growth was not only relied on the increasing human power or hardware, but mainly by using the latest software, which can assist in the construction process to maintain a high level of security and finish the project on time.
It is a process to generate and manage the building data and a three-dimensional (3-D), real-time and interactive building modeling software. It can enhance the productivity during the architecture, building design and construction processes. The generated BIM includes the geometry of building elements, spatial relationships, geographic information, quantities and properties.
BIM provides more comprehensive information for professional project teams (Architects, surveyors, civil engineer, structural engineer and building services engineers, etc.)
- Introduction BIM and how it can be applied in Revit
- Learn basic control of navigating and modeling in Revit
- Learn how to create Architecture BIM model
- Learn how to create MEP BIM model
- Learn the basic of Revit Families
Course Learning Outcomes
- Able to use review and navigate BIM model in Revit
- Able to use basic Revit commands and features to create BIM model
- Able to create MEP system in Revit
- Able to create basic parametric Revit Families for BIM Model
- Teaching theoretically and practically, all taught in Chinese, supplement with English
- One person, one computer, learn the difficulties in simple ways
- Adopting integrated teaching mode: classroom teaching with software applications. Teach how to use 3-D, and enhance the three main spatial dimensions ( width, height and depth - X, Y and Z)
- Architects, mechanical, electrical, building services engineers and other professionals, contractors, sub-contractors in all sectors of the construction and infrastructure industries.
- S6 or equivalent or above
Course Content and Schedule
|Session 1 - Architecture||Building Information ModelingRevit Architecture BasicsStarting a Design||3-hour|
|Session 2 - Architecture||Basics of the Building ModelLoading Additional Building Components||3-hour|
|Session 3 - Architecture||Viewing the Building ModelUsing Dimensions and Constraints||3-hour|
|Session 4 - Architecture||Developing the Building Model||3-hour|
|Session 5 - MEP||Air conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation System||3-hour|
|Session 6 - MEP||Electrical System||3-hour|
|Session 7 - MEP||Plumbing System||3-hour|
|Session 8 - MEP||Working on AnnotationFamily Creation||3-hour|
Class Size: Minimum 10
Course Fee: HKD $5,100
Assessment: Coursework and 80% attendance
- An official workshop completion certificate endorsed by AutoDesk will be issued by Autodesk Authorized Training Centre.
- 24 hrs CPD certificate will be issued by AIBE.