(English Version only)
MSc Quantity Surveying Commercial Management
awarded by Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Flexible part-time study through Virtual Learning Environment
- Industry experience expert teaching team
- The UK home course is accredited by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Supports with putting you on the path to full professional status as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Introduction to the Course
The MSc Quantity Surveying Commercial Management is a part-time distance learning course for those persons who wish to skills required as a quantity surveyor to organise, plan and manage construction, financial and contractual arrangements. This course will enable you to follow an accredited route towards becoming a chartered surveyor with the opportunity to travel and shape the world we live in.
You might already work in the construction industry, or you might be looking to expand on the experience you have built up in a related field. Delivered online, the course will enable you to develop the core competencies required by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), in a flexible format no matter where you are located. Building on your experiences in the workplace, your studies will be placed in context which will enhance your strategic thinking and your confidence in decision making. You will study construction technology, design economics, financial management and procurement.
You will also have the opportunity to undertake research which will develop your skills in inquiry and critical analysis. Our links with local, regional and national employers will ensure that your learning will be inspired by contemporary industry practice that is highly relevant to your future career.
The course is offered in distance learning mode only. Students will need to have access to University’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) My Beckett. The course is designed to complement the various competencies required by the Professional bodies. Students must achieve 180 credit points, having completed the following modules, each module worths 20 credit points except Major Project.
The following modules are offered:
|4||Procurement & Tendering||20|
|5||Construction Law Principles||20|
|6||QS Professional Practice||20|
|7||QS Commercial & Financial Management||20|
- At least a second class honours degree in a cognate subject ; or
- At least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or
- Have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment
- AND All applicants should be in relevant employment at the point of commencing the course
- AND All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download the reference template for completion.
- AND All applicants should satisfy the University English language requirements.
- Please note, this course is not suitable for applicants with a first degree in Quantity Surveying that is accredited by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Course Fee (2023/24):
£50 per credit point, pay annually for registered modules; total £9,000 for entire course
The amount you will pay may increase each year in line with inflation, subject to the decision of Leeds Beckett University.
If you wish to receive local support via phone call or email (e.g. reminders, communications with the University etc.) during your study, please apply for the course via AIBE
Otherwise, please fill in online application form of Leeds Beckett University